Monday 27 January 2014

How To Fix "Storage Space Running Out" Problem On Android

As a phone guru and phone technician, I've come across this problem. I've tried several ways like deleting files from my friends android but it wasn't the solution. I believe this will help a lot. The files in "Internal Storage" cannot be browsed using a normal file browser because inherently Android states that files in this storage be 'private'. I figured there must be something inside that is roughly the size of 10GB.. 1. Root your phone. For a general idea or a step-by-step method for S2 I9100G (which is my phone) refer here. 2. Download the Root Browser app fro here: https://play.google.com/store /apps/details?id=com.jrummy.roo t.browserfree&hl=en 3. Reboot 4. Open the newly installed Root Browser app, a pop up will come stating if you want to give the app root permission. Grant it. 5. Navigate to /data/ and delete the folder "log" 6. See the magic :) The log folder in my case was full of trash since 6 months. The screenshot below shows the contents of the 'log' folder. Each entry is around 600 KB in length. Every day around 7-10 of such entries were created by my phone. Every day!!! Source - http://www.qazimamoon.com /2013/08/storage-space- running-out-on-android.html

No comments:

Post a Comment